the BOYS

the BOYS

Friday, February 25, 2011

Do you love the Will of God????

Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground. (Psalm 143:10)

The Scriptures begins with "Teach me to do your will"  Why would the Psalmist say this?  Because he loves it!  As Christ followers we have to LOVE the will of God!  The will of God is tough for many of us.  The will of God isn't always our will.  In fact I find more often that it isn't.  That is because we are all depraved.  Depravity is an acknowledgement that the Bible teaches that as a result of the fall of man (Genesis 3:6) every part of man—his mind, will, emotions and flesh—have been corrupted by sin. In other words, sin affects all areas of our being including who we are and what we do.  So in short what you want or what I want is more than likely WRONG.  We are all born with this sin nature to want the wrong thing.  I have learned this first hand by my two sons!!!  I don't believe this babies home has taught them to get mad and cry and not want to share!  Oh my they are selfish!!! They are selfish just like their mom and dad and probably you too!  As anybody knows, a parent knows what's best for their child.  Timothy doesn't know just yet that I know better that it is good for him to share.  I pray one day he understands and comes to the point where he knows I want what's best for him.  He could feel that way because he has been forgotten by earthly people his entire life.  But you and I as Christ followers we know He has never forgotten us.  Often as Christ followers we take a long time to realize that.  When we want something and God says no we sometimes think he just means later.  Well often he actually just means plain NO.  Well what if we don't like it or it doesn't fit our plan.  Dry it up!(as my dad use to say)  get over it He knows best!  I have been a bit surprised at the many people here who have said, "after you get the boys home the Lord is going to give you your own"  hmm, if these boys aren't going to be mine when we get home then whose are they going to be?  I would be lying if I said I didn't hope the Lord would give us "our own" at one time.  But now more than ever I truly want what He wants forever.  "He must increase, I must decrease"  In order for that to happen we have to LOVE the will of God!  Understand He is always looking out for our best interest.  God is only glorified when His will is carried out.  I am absolutely in love with the will of God!  Let me ask you again, are you?
Shalom,
Matt

4 comments:

  1. I do love the will of God. Sometimes it is hard to find amidst my pride and selfishness. Once I slow down enough to be still, silent and listen....there He is with the most beautiful plan just for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Matt. Congratulations and welcome to parenthood, the second best day of your lives. Of course the best day in any of our lives is the day we accepted Christ.

    Have a safe trip home - the Hanna's are praying for you all.

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. I agree with you. They will be... No. They ARE your own. You will feel that with every ounce of who you are, if you aren't already. SO so so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One more thing -- Nsambya is AWFUL in my opinion. My daughter (who came home from there in November) had a regular menu of hitting pinching and biting for the first two weeks we had her. BUT God is faithful. Keep pouring in and setting boundaries and they will learn. So glad they are outta there....

    ReplyDelete